The law firm of Michael L. Samuelson focuses exclusively on DUI and DWI Defense and general Criminal Defense in St. Cloud, Minnesota. We represent clients in Douglas, Sherburne, Stearns, Wright, Benton, Morrison, and Meeker counties including the cities of Alexandria, Foley, and Buffalo.
Mr. Samuelson is a talented and experienced criminal defense lawyer that has provided quality legal representation and sound legal advice to clients for over 25 years. You can trust in the law office of Michael L. Samuelson to fight for your rights and protect your interests. The key to our success as criminal defense attorneys is building trusting relationships with each one of our clients. From our initial meeting with you through the conclusion of your case, we strive to provide the quality legal services and the attentive, personalized, and responsive representation you need. Your legal issue will be resolved in a cost effective and efficient manner—without sacrificing the quality of your legal defense.
You can count on the law firm of Michael L. Samuelson to work with you to determine your legal needs and to implement an effective plan to turn those needs into reality. We are guided by the principle that each legal defense calls for the right combination of skill and commitment. Clients can rely on me to be approachable, responsive, and efficient in dealing with their case.
We always available to take phone calls, update you on case developments, and stay on top of changes that may occur in the law. The firm offers evening and weekend consultations by appointment for your convenience. Our office consists of highly skilled staff and the most up to date technology available, blending the best of skill, teamwork, and service for your legal needs.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Minnesota, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1980
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor - 1980
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts
- Tools of The Trade, Lorman Education Services Continuing Legal Education, 2000
- Tools of The Trade, Lorman Education Services Continuing Legal Education, 2nd Edition Published, 2005
- Strategies for Winning DUI Cases in Minnesota, Lorman Education Services Continuing Legal Education, January 27, 2000 - Present
- Strategies for Award Winning DUI Cases in Minnesota, Lorman Education Services Continuing Legal Education, 2005 - Present
Honors and Awards
- National College for DUI Defense, Graduate/Member
- Western Trial Advocacy Institute, Graduate
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member, Board of Directors, 2001 to 2007
- Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, President, 2005 to 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Seventh Judicial District, Assistant Public Defender, 1980 to 1983
- City of St. Cloud, Minnesota, Assistant City Attorney, 1983 to 1988
- Private Practice, Criminal Defense, 1989